Hello viewers, Today we will learn about Google analytics, basically, it is a tool that provides insight about the people who visit your website, their demographic location, their session, bounce rate, user engagement, tech details like which browser a user is using, also tell which operating system there are using like Windows, Mac, Android, Linux, chrome os and list goes on.
When you log in to your google analytics account on the left sidebar you will notice 8 major block
1> Home:- Provide a summary of Overall traffic and conversions (Users, Revenue, Conversion Rate, Sessions). Click a metric to change the graph.
2> Real-time: This allows you to monitor activity as it happens on your site or app.
3> Life cycle block which consists of the following things:
- Engagement:-Provide brief about the visitor’s activity on your website (most visited pages, User stickiness, User activity over time )
- Monetisation:-Provide revenue generated from your website
- Retention:-Provide an overview of how well your app or website is able to retain visitors.
4> User block which consists of the following things:
- Demographics – Show the age, location, gender, interest, the language of your visitors.
- Tech:- Show devices, operating system, web browser.
5> Event block which consists of the following things:-
- Conversions – Provide completed the activity, online or offline.
- Events -Provide tracking is an advanced feature that allows you to track a specific user’s activity (link clicks, Their downloads, form submission, and video plays) with a web page element.
6> Explore block which consists of the following things:-
- Analysis hub:- Provide advanced analysis techniques that go beyond the standard reports to help you uncover deeper insights about your customer’s behavior.
7> Configure Block which consists of the following things:-
- Audiences:- Audiences in Analytics are users that you group together based on any combination of attributes that is meaningful to your business.
- Custom definition:- Provide Custom dimensions and custom metrics are like default dimensions and metrics in your Analytics account, except you create them yourself.
8> Admin Block:- It gives you access to the Analytics administrative features
Fig: Google analytics left sidebar
Suppose you have a website and you want to track user traffic visiting your website.
you have to register with a google analytics account.
Fellow these link:- Google analytic for setting up a Google analytic account.